quick and early blog today, as i'm working the late shift. and i'm playing fantasy football tonite.
"but, ryan... aren't you a grown man? isn't fantasy football something that's embarrassing for a 36 year old to be a part of?"
well, yeah. but it's fun! and there are all sorts of leagues out there-- just for fun leagues, and leagues for guys who take this type of thing way too seriously. i kind of fall in the middle of those, but i know i definitely lean more towards the fun. (i also saw a league that described itself as-- and this is a direct quote-- "men with hot wives who use pic of wife for their team's logo." ewwwwwwwww!!!)
my league's name is mooseknuckles. i have no idea what that means. and... now that i think of it... i'm really hoping "mooseknuckles" isn't some sort of sick euphemism for something gross and/or illegal, and if it is, i apologize. but the description of the league said, "just for fun" so i jumped on board.
i also signed up for a league this weekend called "THA BOOM BOOM ROOM 2" because, honestly, it made me laugh. if, for no other reason, it's just nice to know that there's at least one other boom boom room league somewhere in america. makes me happy.
anyway, wish me luck!
the five things i fell in love with today...
1) that i got to sleep in a little bit this morning!
2) my friend's facebook status the other day, which immediately became one of my favorite typos ever: "going out to grab a big bowel of clam chowder."
3) camp haluwasa in hammonton, new jersey!
4) eating ice cream from little baseball helmets at the game.
5) the hope that i could still grab larry fitzgerald in the second round.
song of the day...
"la la la means i love you" by the delfonics
movie of the day...
"jackie brown" terribly underrated film.