Sunday, December 20, 2009

facebook groups that make me smile...

"Being afraid to let your leg hang off your bed in case it gets eaten."

"The guy who discovered milk......what was he doing with the cow?"

"If 1,170,000 People Join, My Girlfriend Will Marry Me!"

"Saying the entire alphabet because you can't remember what letter comes next."

"When I Was Younger, I Put My Face Close to the Fan to Hear My Robot Voice."

"If 1,000,000 join, my dad, john mellencamp, will quit smoking."

"No, I Don't Care If I Die At 12AM, I Refuse To Pass On Your Chain Letter."

"i feel my phone vibrate when it doesn't."

"Wawa -- No One Truly Understands."

"63 Notifications Later and I regret Liking Your Status."

"When your team has won 6 super bowls, THEN you can make fun of the Steelers!"

"If 1,000,000 people join, my girlfriend will let me turn our house into a pirate ship."

"Team Jacob? Team Edward? How about Team Shut the fuck up???"

"it's ok pluto, i'm not a planet either."

'mentally saying "Wed-nes-day" when writing the word "Wednesday"'

"i pretend to text in awkward situations..."

"If 2 million join, Facebook will genetically engineer unicorns."


the five things i fell in love with today...

1) i do love facebook. notsomuch a few weeks ago when it kicked me off for no apparent reason. but it has been a really good thing to get back in touch with so many people!
2) i didn't join the "if 1,170,000 join my girlfriend will marry me" group. mostly because it's such an arbitrary number. but also because i suspect there's a woman behind the scenes thinking, "please, God, don't let 1,170,000 people join this group!!! please?????????"
3) wawa. for those of you who don't understand, i am truly sorry. you are missing out. wawa is a lot like 7-11, except three thousand times better. you can't walk a mile in south jersey without bumping into one, which is an incredibly great thing, as they make the BEST sandwiches EVER. and they're always filled with employees who know that the proper way to spell the word "sandwich" is "h.o.a.g.i.e."
4) john mellencamp.
5) maybe my favorite facebook group is dedicated to a guy i've never met: "The Headquarters Plaza Cinema Ticket Taker Guy." a friend of mine joined this group, and i went to see what it was all about, just out of curiosity. what was so special about a ticket taker guy, right? turns out that he is the man. and there are well over 5,000 fans who stand behind that.

really, i used to work in a movie theater, and i know what a drag it was to just stand around and rip tickets. but this guy does it so joyfully! go on the page and you'll find hundreds of posts from person after person saying that this dude is the nicest guy they'd ever met. how someone could see this and not be inspired is beyond me. i've never met him, but it's hard not to love that guy!

song of the day...
"ABC" by the jackson 5

movie of the day...
"pirates of the caribbean: the curse of the black pearl"

No comments:

Post a Comment