Monday, March 22, 2010

Devin Nunes...

Rep. Devin Nunes from California. What a prince.

I'm going to be honest with you, I've been sitting here for the past hour, trying to come up with a clever way to address what happened yesterday, but, y'know, I just don't want to be clever. Not about this, anyway.

In case you haven't heard, a bunch of tea party chuckleheads showed their true colors by shouting the N and the F word at a small handful of congressmen. And, when he was asked about it, Nunes came to the defense of these people. Freedom of speech.

I mean... look, I'm an independent. But, it's like the Republicans are TRYING to persuade me to join the Democratic party! Or maybe the Democrats have planted spies in the Republican aisle to fuck everything up on purpose...? The spies are just sitting there waiting to do and say the exact wrong thing in pretty much every situation to make the real Republicans look bad, maybe...??? I mean...

Sorry. That might have been clever.

Here's all i really want to say... If i was walking down the street with some of my African-American, and/or my homosexual friends, and some yahoo shouted out the N or the F word?!?!?! ...the last thing i would say is, "well, y'know, let's calm down, folks; freedom of speech."

There's a time and a place for everything, Nunes. And yesterday was not a time to talk about freedom of speech. It was a time to call ugly ugly. Plain and simple.

the five things i fell in love with today...

1) health care reform.
2) health care reform.
3) health care reform.
4) rain today, but this was a beautiful sunny weekend!
5) health care reform.

song of the night...
"untitled" by the cure

movie of the night...
"do the right thing"

No comments:

Post a Comment